Aspen Ridge Alpacas on the road to southwest adventure!
TO VISIT THESE WEBSITES JUST CLICK ON THE LINKS IN THE BOX ABOVE ^
* JIM CAFFREY IMAGES offers photo tours of the famous and the secret places of the High Desert. Is your interest birds, plants and flowers, archeology, spectacular scenery, or all of it? Travel with a photographer who does it all, and has known this land intimately for 30 years! Take a look at the images on his website if you want a chance to experience life on a different planet! www.jimcaffreyimages.com/Tours
* AMANDA'S COUNTRY STORE in La Cueva is minutes away from Aspen Ridge Alpacas. Check out Amanda’s website for information about groceries, snacks, ice, bait, area info, and camping supplies. www.jemezcentral.com
* JEMEZ SPRINGS is a nearby historic village with hot springs. This website gives you loads of information about Jemez Springs and the activities available in the Jemez area. www.jemezsprings.org
* Drive twenty-five minutes from Aspen Ridge Alpacas and experience the amazing VALLES CALDERA. The Valles Caldera National Preserve was a private ranch until 2000, when Congress created it from a well-known ranch known as “the Baca Ranch” in New Mexico’s volcanic Jemez Mountain Range. This 89,000 acre property is situated inside a collapsed crater. Studded with eruptive domes and featuring Redondo Peak (11,254 feet), this old ranch property is now being developed to explore a new way of managing public lands. The preserve is open to the public, but we guarantee you’ll find the visit unlike any other you’ve had in a park or national forest. www.vallescaldera.gov
* LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing science and technology development. www.visit.losalamos.com
* Enjoy a beautiful drive to the canyon where BANDELIER NATIONAL MONUMENT is located. Bandelier protects Ancestral Pueblo archeological sites, a wild and beautiful landscape, and connections of the modern Pueblo people to their past in a monument covering 33,000+ acres and over 70 miles of trail. The park's visitor center, built by the CCC, was recently rehabbed. www.nps.gov/band/index.htm
* JEMEZ PUEBLO is one of the remaining 19 pueblos of New Mexico, encompassing over 89,000 acres of land and home to over 3,400 tribal members. The people of Jemez cherish their ancestral traditions, and are proud to integrate their culture with modern society. Explore our Walatowa Visitor Center and Museum of History and Culture. www.jemezpueblo.com
* THE BARNHAUS AT ASPEN RIDGE ALPACAS offers luxury accomodations at the alpaca ranch. Watch the alpacas from your window, have brunch on the deck under the whipering pines while the hummingbirds flock around you. Tour the art world of Santa Fe and the Native American tribal sites. Talk to Mickey and Evelyn about how you can discover the joys of alpacas--ask about Special Guest invitations!
Updated September 09, 2012